Google

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's the Lord, Stupid!

Talking to the Lord (actually, more like whining to Him) on my regular fasting day today about direction for business, family, money, life...I mean, whining. "Lord, we don't have enough money for bills! Looooord, how will we get this business started, or that one, while we're working on the house? Loooooooooooord, we don't have enough time to add in something new, but if we don't we won't make enough money and blah, blah, blah, me, me, me, waah, waah, waah!!!"

...I think you get the picture. It was pretty pathetic. I worked myself into a headache by noon.

Sooooooooo, He says to me, "So what makes you think this is about you?"
I stopped cold. "Well, we are talking about my bills and my time and my family!"
God again: "What makes you think anything is about you? Your purpose is obedience. If I choose to bless you with a business, it's for the purpose of relationship, ministry and worship; not money. Relationship with clients, relationship with your family, relationship with Me! You work on the obedience part, I'll take care of the money."

There we go, men. All that we do is for the purpose of relationship. With Father first, our families second, everybody else third, and ourselves last. Why is it so easy to reverse that order?

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger dafydd said...

Howdy doody Jeff, good ol' Dave here (Shadow and Orc Hunter's Aussie friend). I've been meaning to put a comment on your blogger site for a while now...such is the busyness of life as we know it.

This comment is to say that I love what you do write here on this blog. It really does make me stop and think, and sort of assess my own life. We are people that want our own way in life. We do make loads of demands in our lives so that we can be satisfied. I think we all whinge to the Lord when things aren't going our way or when things are tough!

Haha...enough of my blurbing, I should have turned into a minister! Thank you for your prayers for me though, I do really appreciate them mate!

Catch you round, and say hi to the family for me.

Dave.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger bubbebobbie said...

Great blog. I remember my little ones learning this same principle as J.O.Y. Jesus, Others and then You is teh only way to have Joy in your life. Glad to know its holding strong. (:
Because of Jesus, Bobbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home