Google

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Behold the Sluggard

On a recent drive with my breathtakingly beautiful Helpmeet, we observed a very telling example of the rampant slothfulness infesting our society. We observed a lawn, recently mowed, with a large tree limb in the middle of it. Not so unusual? How about the fact that the limb had obviously been there for several weeks, as the grass had grown up to two feet around it? This would make sense if we were talking candidate for log cabin construction, but I believe this was a manageable size for my eight and ten year old to have handled it together. So, since eight and ten make eighteen, one must deduce that anyone of voting age should have the necessary natural resources to MOVE THE STINKING BRANCH BEFORE THEY MOW THE LAWN!!!

(digressing) Harrumph...

However, since Father's purpose for showing me the faults of others is so that I can more readily see my own, I believe I'll look for proverbial tree limbs laying in the various lawns in my life. Pretty certain I'll find a few.

Sluggard signing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home